Pioneer Veterinary Clinic COVID-19 Update and New Hours
Due to the extended stay at home orders we will be continuing our curbside service until at least the end of May and all previous protocols and procedures are still in place.
We have changed our hours slightly to help with the high demand for appointments. Starting MONDAY May 11th we will be open the following hours...
Monday: Tuesday: Wednesday: Thursday: Friday: Saturday: Sunday: 7am-6pm 7am-8pm 7am-8pm 7am-6pm 7am-6pm 9am-4pm 9am-4pm
Thank you for your continued patience and support!
Pioneer Veterinary Clinic COVID-19 NEW Protocols and Precautions
Given the rapidly changing COVID-19 guidelines, we are making more changes to our clinic policies to do our very best to help slow the spread of the virus and limit exposure.
✅We will begin operating on a modified schedule starting on Tuesday 3/24/2020.
Monday: Tuesday: Wednesday: Thursday: Friday: Saturday: Sunday: 8am-5pm 8am-5pm 11am-8pm 8am-5pm 8am-5pm 9am-3pm 9am-3pm
✅We are implementing a “Locked door” policy to help limit public exposure. We are still open but are doing remote check in and most things over the phone as possible.
✅We are providing curbside service only. All appointments will be drop off appointments. Feel free to wait in your car and we will be in contact with you during and after the exam.
✅We will likely experience a high volume of calls due to the remote check in process and phone consultations. Please be patient as we have a limited number of phone lines.
PREVIOUS Changes: (still in effect)
- We are no longer scheduling any elective visits or surgeries.
- We are rescheduling any previously made appointments in March and April for May.
- We have a new remote check in procedure. Please call or text 509-761-8338 (or call our regular number at 509-765-6794) from your vehicle to check in and we can assist you. This includes prescriptions and food pick up.
- If you are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms please reschedule your appointment or have a healthy friend or family member bring them in.
- As a reminder we have our online pharmacy! This is a great way to practice “social distancing.” You can order your pet’s prescriptions or food without leaving your house and have it shipped directly to you. https://pioneervetclinicwa.vetsfirstchoice.com/
*We are sorry for the inconvenience but we appreciate your understanding. We want what is best for your pets and to be clear we are STILL AVAILABLE FOR EMERGENCIES AND URGENT CASES!
*We will continue monitoring the situation and will make changes according to the recommendations of WSVMA, AVMA, CDC and local and federal mandates.
*We hope to be able to continue to provide the best quality of care we can to our patients. Stay safe and stay healthy!
Pioneer Veterinary Clinic COVID-19 Precautions Update
We are making some new changes due to the recent recommendations announced yesterday (3/16/20) by the WSVMA….EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY!
- We are no longer scheduling ANY elective (non-essential) procedures, surgeries or visits.
- We are rescheduling any previously made appointments in March and April. We are currently rescheduling for the month of May, if things change then we can adjust accordingly.
What is considered elective?
- Wellness visits
- Non emergent cases
- Annual vaccines
- Non emergent dental cleaning
- Routine care
- Elective surgeries (spays neuters, certain lump removals)
What are we allowing?
- Puppy and kitten booster vaccines
- Vaccines required for boarding and grooming appointments
- Emergent dental cleanings (severe infection, facial swelling, unable to eat)
- Emergencies and urgent cases (toxin exposure, vomiting/diarrhea, trauma, injuries, pregnancy and delivery complications, difficulties urinating, seizures, etc)
- Emergent surgeries (c-section due to complications, wound repair, bloat, pyometra, intestinal blockage, porcupine quills etc)
*If you are unsure if your pets’ needs are considered urgent, please call us at 509-765-6794.
*We are currently trying to call and reschedule appointments as quickly as we can. We are so sorry for the inconvenience but we appreciate your understanding. We want what is best for your pets and to be clear we are STILL AVAILABLE FOR EMERGENCIES AND URGENT CASES!
*We will continue monitoring the situation and will make changes according to the recommendations of WSVMA, CDC and local and federal mandates.
Pioneer Veterinary Clinic COVID-19 Precautions
Attention Clients- Our team is committed to providing the highest quality care for all of our clients and patients. In the face of the global COVID-19 pandemic we are making some changes in the ways we interact with clients as part of our effort to keep everyone as safe as possible. We ask that you will be understanding if there are any unexpected changes on short notice. This information is to help prepare and inform you, not panic.
- At this time our hours of operation have NOT changed.
- We are NOT currently scheduling elective appointments or elective surgical procedures.
- Wait times for appointments may be longer than usual. We ask that you be patient with us as we are doing the best we can to take care of everyone.
- We may have to cancel or reschedule appointments and procedures on very short notice if our Veterinarian is sick and unable to perform them or if we are severely understaffed.
- At this time we will honor appointments that have already been scheduled.
- If you are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms please reschedule your appointment or call to setup a drop off appointment.
New Check In Procedure:
- To protect our staff and clients from COVID-19 exposure we are implementing new “social distancing” procedures.
- We are now implementing a simple remote check in.
- Text or call 509-761-8338 to check in. Return to your vehicle and we will alert you as soon as an exam room is available.
- We may experience staff shortages. For our health and yours, if a staff member is sick we will ask them not to attend work. That may leave us short handed.
- We may experience shortages of medical supplies. This can include medications. We always do our best to keep our pharmacy stocked with essential medications. But some situations we have no control of such as delayed deliveries or supply back orders.
- We may experience shortages of regular and prescription diets for both dogs and cats. Our normal deliveries from our distributors may be delayed or the products may be unavailable.
As a reminder we have our online pharmacy! This is a great way to practice “social distancing”. https://pioneervetclinicwa.vetsfirstchoice.com/
We hope to be able to continue to provide the best quality of care we can to our patients. Stay safe and stay healthy!
Pioneer Veterinary Clinic COVID-19 Update
Updated: 3/13/2020 1:20pm
We have had several calls from concerned pet owners about the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We understand your worries and would like to share the following information with you. We will be following the situation closely as your pet’s health is extremely important to us. We will share any updates on the situation. Thank you for trusting us to be your source of valued information. 🐾
☑️At this time it is NOT thought that dogs or cats can transmit the disease
☑️There have been NO reports of pets becoming sick with COVID-19
☑️There are other strains of the Coronavirus seen in dogs and cats, these are NOT associated with the current outbreak
▪️Wash your hands
▪️Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
▪️Stay home if you are sick
▪️Clean surfaces regularly
▪️Keep cleaning products out of reach of your pets
▪️Have some extra pet supplies on hand (*This does NOT mean hoarding supplies! It would be smart to have enough food, medication, litter etc. for 2 weeks to a month in case you are impacted by a quarantine.)
📲Don’t forget we do have our online pharmacy. You can order your pet’s prescriptions or food without leaving your house and have it shipped directly to you. https://pioneervetclinicwa.vetsfirstchoice.com/
Other great reliable sources:
Updated: 3/13/2020 1:20pm